Monday, June 21

E3 2010 or How I Met Bear Grylls

 1 - I <3 Sonic (H&M Dress, Free People Bandeau, YSL Bag)
2 - Crazy Harry Potter Lego things
3 - Love these party flyers, they totally reminded me of ones I made in high school
4 - Bear f'ing Grylls!!! I look silly, but I was just so excited to meet him.

Last week I had the opportunity to go to E3 (Electronic Entertainment Expo) for the first time ever and I totally jumped on the chance. I'll admit, I'm hardly a gamer. Tetris, Sonic the Hedgehog and the original Mario Brothers are about as fancy as I tend to get. Maybe I'll get crazy and occasionally play some Wii Sports or Wii Fit, but that's about the extend of my gaming. I just get bored too fast to sit and play through anything that will require attention.

That being said, I can still appreciate a good game. I've seen games being played that, although I'll probably never play, have grabbed my attention. Good graphics and an interesting storyline can almost make watching someone play a game as good as watching a movie.

Anyway, back to E3. Everyone there was excited to go to see the latest games and systems. And while my excitement level may not have been as high as other attendees, but I still enjoyed getting a sneak peek at what's coming out, including the new X-Box, Mircosoft Kinect and plenty of new games.

We also had some fun "celebrity" sightings. While checking out the new Def Jam Rap Star game, Russel Simmons rolled through with his body guards. Then we stopped by the G4 stage, where they were broadcasting live, and spotted Olivia Munn and Kevin Pereira. Later, while walking between halls, we spotted Chris Gore and stopped to say hello (he was super nice). We even spotted Shigeru Miyamoto, with his entourage, walking past the Nintendo booth.

Now, while spotting all of these people was fun, there are only a couple "famous" people that I actually care about meeting. One of those people happens to be Bear Grylls from Discovery Channel's Man vs Wild. Well, apparently, a game is coming out based on that show and guess who was making an appearance? Bear Grylls himself. After I had a mild heart attack, we decided to wait in the meet and greet line, which I never, ever do. 30 minutes or so later, we got to shake hands and take pictures with him! Unfortunately, there was no time for conversation because they were on a tight schedule, but it was still pretty amazing.

Overall, it was a fun day and definitely something I'm glad I had a chance to experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment