Friday, June 11

Summer Love

 Photos from Montauk last summer. 
1- Kamikaze, although it wasn't breaking.
2- Ditch Plains
3 - low tide at Ditch
4 - Sunrise

It's amazing how much my style and mood can change with the weather. 

As soon as it gets warm out, all I want to wear is flimsy sundresses, bikinis, flip-flops, loose button downs with denim shorts. I want to get rid of my Civic and get a jeep or a pick-up that I can throw my surfboard in and spend my days at the beach. Long walks, boat rides. Evening glass-offs, sunsets, bonfires. Salty, sun-kissed skin.

But then the Fall comes, the air gets cooler. I revert back to high heels, fancy dresses, sparkly jewelry. I want to trade my Civic in for a BMW. I crave lavish dinners, drinks with friends, never-ending parties. I want to work hard all week and play harder all weekend.

I'm going to guess that this has something to do with the way I grew up. Summers in Montauk (furthest point East on Long Island/technically part of the Hamptons), playing in tide pools, bleached out hair, always barefoot. Winters up island, spent studying and working, wearing layer upon layer of clothes to stay warm, traveling into NYC on the weekends.

Well, whatever the reason, until I get lucky and find a job, I will most definitely be taking advantage of what the summer has to offer.


No comments:

Post a Comment