Thursday, May 13

For Saints & Sinners

Last Saturday morning we went down to The Lost Abbey brewery in San Marcos for their 4th Anniversary Party. For those of you not familiar with them, I highly recommend checking out their beers (all of which are fantastic) and their website, The Lost Abbey.

The day started at the train station in Santa Ana at 8am, which sucked because it was super early, but was awesome because you can drink on the train.  I am a believer that any day that starts with mimosas is going to be a good one. After a second commuter train and a short walk, we made it to the industrial park where The Lost Abbey is located. 

 Once at the party, we got to taste some very delicious beer and devour fresh from the oven pizza. Beer and pizza, a combination you can never go wrong with. 
And since it was a party and not just regular tasting hours, we got some special treats. One was that we were able to try some new releases, my favorite being the Framboise de Amorosa, a raspberry framboise. But probably the best part of the day was that we got the opportunity to get a tour of the barrelhouse with Tomme, their brewery director, and taste 3 versions of Older Viscosity, one from the bottle and 2 straight from the barrels. Tasting beer from the barrels?! That is certainly not something I thought I would get the chance to do.

Judging from the fact that I was rendered pretty much useless by the time I got home and that I fell asleep before 9pm, I would say it was a successful day. 


The ice cream man showed up, I couldn't resist a ChocoTaco!
 I called to Steve to turn around and instead Nick looked over and gave me this face.
 
 The menu board.
 Our crew.
The back of my new shirt. I don't wear a ton of screened tees these days, but I had to get this one. 
There were some problems between the Health Department and San Diego breweries a couple weeks ago that I won't get into to on here, but, yes, Port Brewing/Lost Abbey certainly deserve an "A for Awesome" in my book!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment