Tuesday, May 11

Glitter

At some point in early elementary school, I know it was before the second half of 4th grade because we moved at that point and I no longer took the school bus, I decided to put glitter in my hair one morning before running off to the bus stop on the corner. Nowadays putting glitter in your hair may not be an everyday activity, but you probably have done it, or seen someone else with it for a party or perhaps Halloween. But back then, for a 7 or 8 year old, this was unheard of. 
Once on the bus, a friend sitting nearby had climbed up on her seat to talk to me and at some point in our conversation about Barbies, homework or whatever else young girls talk about, she exclaimed, "Ewww! You have glitter in your hair." I'm not sure what my exact response was, but being shy, and apparently ahead of my time, I probably just blew it off.
Fast forward 20 or so years and I get an email the other day from Vital Juice about a stylist in Santa Monica that will weave pieces of tinsel into you hair. Definitely a step up from the coarse glitter I once sprinkled into my blonde tresses. Check it out for yourself.
Photo via Google

2 comments:

  1. I'm surprised that the tinsel would last for so long! It's kind of a fun idea as long as it's not overdone. :)

    ReplyDelete